Please join us for as we work to return this little park to a more natural state by removing English ivy, Japanese honeysuckle, privet and other non-native invasive plants. We will also cut the ivy at the base of trees. Birds eat the fruit and spead the seed for these plants, so this will also prevent the spread of these plants to parks and perhaps even your yard.
- Sunday, October 24 from 1 – 3 p.m.
- If you can only stay an hour, that’s OK. Every hour counts.
- Bring gloves, hand clippers, loppers & a small saw if you can. An old screwdriver is sometimes helpful for prying vines away from the tree so they are easier to cut.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- We will meet in the cul de sac at the end of Northrop Street.